Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chicken Quesadilla Nachos -- a.k.a. Leftovers

I really don't know what to call this, but it was so delicious, I will serve it when it's not on the left over list.

We grilled out chicken this past weekend, so we had some chicken breasts left over that didn't get eaten.  What to do, what to do?

I took out some Tortilla Strips, shredded Mexican cheeses, the last of a brick of jalapeno jack cheese, coarsely chopped up the chicken into bite size pieces and got out my favorite Frontera Chipotle Salsa.

Threw the tortilla strips on the plate in a shallow layer, layered the chicken on top of the tortilla strips, then layered the cheeses.  Popped the whole thing in the microwave for about 30 seconds tops.  Then poured the Chipotle on top.  I at it like nachos and with a fork depending on how messy the pieces were.  This really was a super good leftover!  Enjoy.

By the Way, there is a rare salsa, I just have to give a shout out to:  Frontera Chipotle Salsa.   I absolutely am addicted to this salsa.  I started eating it to help with a sinus headache because it was "hot" and I needed to kick the pain.  I now buy out our local store every time they get a shipment.  I eat it on eggs, hot dogs, steak, sandwiches.  Pretty much everything.

It's great for aches and pains, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment